You can easily pair JBL earbuds after reading this article. In this step-by-step guide, we will make it easier for you to enjoy your favorite music on these premium-quality earbuds. They are popular in the market for producing great, crisp sounds. In addition to this, what we further came to know is that these pairs come with a lot of options from earbuds to over-ear headphones.
Further, most of these models feature Bluetooth connectivity. Although a wireless connection is handy as compared to a wired connection, pairing them with nearby devices can be a little tricky. That is why we have researched and gathered info for this guide. After reading this, you will be able to connect your JBL headphones to your device.
How to Pair JBL Earbuds
Thanks to Bluetooth technology, these headphones can be paired with most modern playback devices. Pairing them to any device starts with turning Bluetooth modes on for both the playback device and earphones. On one of the sides of the pair comes a Bluetooth button. Press this button for three seconds until the light begins flashing. Now, find, select, and pair the respective devices with the JBL earbuds to establish the connection.
This is the general procedure to connect JBL earbuds to a device. In the latter section, we have separately described the procedure for each device such as laptops, android, etc.
Pairing with Android
Although Apple and Android phones have different user interfaces, we found that turning Bluetooth on is almost identical on both. This should cover both typically and conclusively speaking. Once you pair earphones, your phone remembers the external device indefinitely.
- Remove one side of the earphones from the charging case. Press the center button to start Bluetooth pairing. However, some earphones come with a Bluetooth button that you press to start pairing.
- For Android, go to settings through the dropdown menu or through the settings button in your apps. After this, access Connections, then Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Your device will search for nearby devices and click on your JBL earphones from the list of devices.
- Your earbuds are now in pairing mode.
Pairing with Laptop
Unlike Android phones, the process of activating Bluetooth on a laptop is different. The difference mostly lies in operating systems but not in the way how to pair them with headphones. Read the section below to know how you can pair your laptops with earbuds.
- Make sure your pair is in pairing mode. You can turn it on either by pressing the center button on the earphones for five seconds or with the Bluetooth button. Doing this will turn your JBL device off. Pressing it again will put it in pairing mode.
- Blue blinking will indicate that they are in pairing mode
- Go to the device, and search for Bluetooth and other devices.
- Enable Bluetooth, and press the + sign on the top of the tab.
- Select Bluetooth by ignoring the lower two options.
- Your laptop will show nearby devices. Select your JBL pair and connect it to the laptop.
Pairing with MacBook
The process of pairing is extremely simple on MacBook. It is the same for both MacBooks and iMacs.
- There is an Apple icon at the top left side of your display. Click on it, go to System Preferences, and search for Bluetooth.
- Enable Bluetooth mode in the new tab
- There will appear a “show Bluetooth in the menu bar” option, click on it.
- Now turn Bluetooth on from your headphones by removing them from the charging case. Press the Bluetooth button for it or press the center button for five seconds then turn the earphones back on. This procedure can vary depending on the model you are using.
- From the list of available devices, select your JBL model and wait for the pairing to complete.
Pairing with iPhone
First thing first, make sure you are in the pairing range of the device and ensure your small earbuds are in pairing mode.
- Go to Settings on your device and look for Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth. Your device will automatically scan for compatible connections.
- Click on the name of your JBL model from the list
- If you are required to enter a password, enter 0000. In case this does not work. Check on your device if you receive a different password. Enter this password.
- Now turn Bluetooth on from your earbuds. The procedure is the same. Either press the center button for 5 seconds or click on the Bluetooth button.
- After this, your pair is in connection mode with your iPhone.